Mermaid with Message In A Bottle

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Hi everyone! Today I have a fun card to share for the carnival theme over at Live and Love Crafts... and I have abstracted this theme a little and have decided to do something whimsical and reminiscent of an old mythical gypsy carnival... a mermaid theme! Here is my project featuring an image by Aurora Wings called Mermaid with Message in a Bottle.




Do you want to learn to colour her up? Well I certainly had fun... and will be teaching how to colour her in my Skin and Hair Colouring Classes launching NEXT WEEK!! YEAH!!! Here are the copic colours that I used for now :)

Coloured using No Lines Technique
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
Scales: BG000, BG01, BG05, BG09
Hair: E53, E43, E57, B00, BG05, BG09
Yellow Accents: Y11, Y15, Y17, E15, E18
Fish: BG72, BG49, BG75, BG78

*This card is for sale on my Etsy here :) *




I hope you have enjoyed my project today :) Please find below some of the gorgeous items that I used! Have a great day :D




You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. This is utterly awesome Alyce so pretty hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alice, my vocavulary in english is very limited to explain how magnific I think is that!. Elena.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyce, she's gorgeous!!!! Love this sensational card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning Alyce (as are all your creations :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. STUNNING card and coloured image Alyce..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  6. PHENOMENAL Alyce...just simply gorgeous.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this has to be one of the most beautiful images I have seen and your colouring is out of this world..A true talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too Amazing for words! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow only one word alyce.........AWESOME!!!

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just found your fabulous blog through your launch last night... though I couldn't be around for it (had a migraine)... I've just been looking at your wonderful tutorials.. I've subscribed to you in YouTube... and become a follower here.. Your colouring and card design are absolutely stunning....and I can't wait to see future creations!

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning card, this coloration is just fabolous!!!
    I LOVE these eyes... the hair...EVERYTHING on it!!

    Hugs,
    Karola

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Alyce!

    I LOVE your blog & your work! I'm so happy to be a part of your classes!!!

    I'm your newest follower & would appreciate you following me as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just found your blog Alyce. Wow! Oh your colouring is amazing. Stunning card. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Breathtaking colouring and gorgeous layering of the laces. Very striking card.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @ Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning I wish I could colour like this. Its mesmerising xx

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Join our FREE Markers 101 Class

Class Badge